maggie’s family

Here is the previously mentioned family portrait that Mags painted immediately upon returning home from the ultrasound.

From the left, we have Maggie, Baby Girl Higgins, Calvin, a line that apparently represents the child / parent divide, skh and it ends with me on the far right.

Here are a few observations I have.

• We are all insanely tall and thin. Well, except for Baby Girl, I guess.
  • Sean and I have very small heads compared to our children.
  • Our Baby Girl has shoulder length blonde hair.
  • Calvin, our white haired child, is sporting a brunette look here.
  • My mouth is open. (skh found this quite amusing)

The last thing that I noticed, and it’s what I love the most about the painting, is that skh’s hands are shaped like hearts. I’m guessing it wasn’t intentional, but I love the representation of his love for our family through his hands.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to maggie’s family

1. Helen Ann says:

Mosanna,
    Maggie, did a wonderful job!! We all want to be just like you guys!! God has blessed your home with another precious baby for our church family to love!
    Helen

2. bean says:

Helen, you want to be just like us…with tiny little heads?

Yay for new babies! I can’t wait!!!

3. Joan Dabrowski says:

Nice job Maggie! The heart hands are a nice touch. We’ll work on proportion soon:)
    Love you all and am rejoicing with you over baby girl!

4. bean says:

Joan, I need to post some of Maggie’s more accomplished pieces as well so that your reputation will not be tarnished. :) We love you!

5. joeandtara says:

Hello desk buddy,

this is tara miller. congratulations on baby #3.

i am interested in cloth diapers and wondering how you decided on fuzzi bunnies. Bumgenius gets best reviews, but i’d like to buy used from you if i can.

i couldn’t email you from your diaper site because my outlook is out of order right now.

do you use the all in ones, all the time?

i also have 3 and 5 year old bed wetters and wondered if you’d heard how these work for them? i think they’d need the large or extra large. 33# and 46#.

hope you can help.

if you want to see us visit xanga.com/joeandtara

Praying for your awful morning sickness.

tara

6. theGracegirl says:

This is fantastic! I wish I could draw so well. I think I’ll stick to… whatever I can do better, which isn’t coming to mind right now. :)

I’m so excited for your baby girl!

7. sar says:

i love the drawing maggie!

maybe i will hire her to do some art for my baby’s room! ask her to brush up on her drawings of africa & safari animals :D

how fun for maggie to have a baby sister! congrats to you sean, mo, maggie & calvin! how exciting!

mo, hope you feel better

8. Bekah says:

Did Maggie say that they were hearts on Sean’s hands? I thought that they were baseball gloves!!

9. Leila says:

I think you both look like the painting “The Scream.” I don’t know what that means – that Maggie is a modernist? Let us hope not!